• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Re: WANTED Feijoa scions

Postby Paul-SF » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Paul-SF

Climate Zone: Sunset 17, USDA 10a
Hi Ed,

I saw Mark Albert this past November when he gave a presentation at my local CRFG chapter on feijoa. He out did himself and brought a vast quantity of fruit to taste from at least 20 of his cultivars. My friend, Chuck Chan, and I tasted all of the fruit and saved seed from what we thought were the best tasting 8 cultivars for propagation. I now have several hundred seedlings that I am growing for my local CRFG chapter's scion exchange. You are welcome to some later this year once they get sufficient size to survive mailing.

The seedlings come from:

Red Beard
Clara North
Moore
Marion
Lake Mendocino Drive
Lake Mendocino Drive South
Albert's Supreme
T3 Elongated

I also have Pride seedlings that come from a tree in my yard that I bought from Mark about 6 years ago when I visited him at his house. Pride and Supreme are two of Mark's original selections and it is worthwhile having both as they fruit at opposite ends of the season, starting late September for Pride and late November/early December for Supreme. Mark believes that the seedlings are fairly true to their parents, but there is some variation that Mark is trying to exploit in his continued evolution of this fruit. I have asked Mark about the lineages of the other cultivars, but need to pester him for a response.

Paul

Previous

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login