• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Wanted Seedless Che plant

Postby Michelle » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Michelle

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 9
Hi I have cuttings of Reineke sapote, jujube, rose apple, loquat (champaign?), mexicola grande avocado.

I also would consider trading a large seedless che plant/tree for a rooted container of white Dragon fruits or for my ufo peach tree.

If anyone is interested, please contact me on this site and we can arrange.
Attachments
photo-3-2.JPG
white dragon fruit multiple rooted cuttings
photo-3-2.JPG (158.71 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
photo-2.JPG
UFO peach tree
photo-2.JPG (128.16 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

Re: Wanted Seedless Che plant

Postby badman62 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:01 pm

badman62
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 9b
Hi Michelle
I dont have seedless Che, but i saw you have loquat and jujube.
i have both also. wondering if you want to trade some cuttings for grafts ?
ive got lots of other stuff as well.
lychee seedlings, papaya, guava...

Postby Michelle » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Michelle

Climate Zone: USDA Zone 9
Hi sorry for the late response, I don't know how to set my account so I'm copied on emails from here and i just stopped by here today to look for Rose cuttings (seems no one trades for roses here).

Yes I would like to trade scion wood. Im not sure when scion wood should be taken? Should we wait until closer to Spring? Would be happy to send you some Jujube cuttings but be aware the jujube's from this tree are so small, like a nickel size. The tree itself is gorgeous, I'm thinking perhaps the fruits are so small because there's no cross pollination. I'm hoping that grafting some of your jujube onto my jujube tree will provide better cross pollination and fruits.

My loquat flowered like crazy this year, I can say that the quality of fruit is really good, egg sized fruit that are sweet.

I have Sweetheart Lychee as well. Just let me know what cuttings you would like and I'll be sure to send you some when the time is right. I have rose apple and was hoping to maybe try some wax jambu grafts onto it. Know anyone who has that plant and willing to give up cuttings. I can send cuttings of my rose apple as well. The fruits are white and my mom (from China) said these were the traditional ones she grew up eating. She loves them. I'll take a look at your plants list as well.

Postby badman62 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:55 am

badman62
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: 9b
ive been reading a lot on cold hardiness of some of these plants
and my understanding was wax jambu and rose apple were not hardy enough for me.
New Orleans - 9b

My loquat comes from someone on here, and the parent tree was excellent (i hear), though this hasnt fruited yet, its only about 2 or 3 yrs. (Champagne i think)

i cant remember the jujube name, but, the fruit is fair to large size and very nice.
i got 2 harvests, and the tree is still very young, just went in the ground in spring.
(its 8ft though, it grew fast this summer!)

i appreciate the offer on lychee, but i think mine isnt large enough to graft ?
maybe it is ? im no grafting expert.
its too small to take cuttings, but i have a seedling lychee i can trade.
also have several mulberry types... red, black everbearing, a "florida" and 2 others not named.

Spring is probably a better idea
i think thats when they recommend to do grafting.
i dont check this board often, but, i dont think i will forget.
i am always thinking fruit trees :)

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login