• facebook
  • myspace
  • reddit
  • stumble
  • twitter
  • rss
  • bookmark
  • email

A forum to exchange scions between Cloudforest members. Requests and offers for all scions, including tropical scions can be posted here.

Watned: Red Rover passion fruit cuttings/small plant

Postby heritagegarden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:34 pm

heritagegarden

Climate Zone: 9
Thank you!

Re: Watned: Red Rover passion fruit cuttings/small plant

Postby Jason (palo alto) » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 am

Jason (palo alto)
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Z17, 9b
I can give you Frederick cuttings if you are in the bay area

Re: Watned: Red Rover passion fruit cuttings/small plant

Postby heritagegarden » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 pm

heritagegarden

Climate Zone: 9
Thanks so much! I can pick up. Can you PM me on how to get to you?

Thanks,

Re: Wanted: Red Rover passion fruit cuttings/small plant

Postby DavidLJ48 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 pm

DavidLJ48
Cloudforest Expert

Climate Zone: Sunset Zone 14, USDA zone 9b
Red Rover is not very cold hardy. I had a couple under my polycarbonate roof, attached to my home a few years ago. They had grown well during the summer, they had sent out a vines vines around 20 feet long. That winter, only got down to the mid to high 20s, and they fried totally dead, even what was below soil in the pots.

If your zone 9 proves too cold for the Frederick variety, I would go with Nancy Garrison. I have a apparently seedling stain of it, it takes my cold here, down to the low 20s, with very little damage; produces mostly 2 inch or plus, very flavorful sweet purple fruits.

I have 1,000s of seeds from last seasons fruits, and a few really tiny seedlings, but they are just now trying to decide to live or die after a low of 23F a month or more ago. I know that Monterey Bay Nursery has plant, but they are a whole Sale nursery, find a retail nursery which sell their plants if in the Bay Area, should be no problem finding in SoCal, where do you live? You should be able to find Nancy Garrison and etc vines in a google search for plants, I did in a search last season.

David
Sunset zone 14, USDA zone 9b

Return to Exchange Scions

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login