Search the Archives

Wooly Jelly Palm.

Wooly Jelly Palm.

Here is one of the new palms I planted this spring. It's a 15 gallon Wooly Jelly Palm - Butia eriospatha. I planted two trachys next to it to help give some protection in the future. Anyone else growing this new exciting palm ?

The following thread was started by Roger Oly, 8b on April 24, 2008 at 7:44 am PST

You got guts...

Planting palms in 30-40f degree weather?. I wonder what the neighbors were thinking?
Oh yeah,and that their palms Roger is daring too.
ps, Nice looking Woolly palm. That big silver hybrid you have is still the best looking,-you seen the Jubaea x Butia on the hardy palm board?

The above followup was added by Stan on April 24, 2008 at 8:47 am PST.

Butia Eriospatha

Hi Roger
I,m due to recieve a Wooly Palm similar in size to yours. Mine has cost me £195 from hardy palms.co.uk The palm has been imported from Brazil where it grows at high altitude. I have also ordered a Butyagrus which should be slightly larger. That has cost me £350. This palm has come from Moltrie Palms in Florida but sold through Hardy Palms.
Last month I purchased Schefflera Petelotii now renamed Macrophylla (£115) and Schefflera Taiwaniana (£85) from Crug Farm Plants. It,s been a busy couple of months!!

The above followup was added by Andy Martin on April 24, 2008 at 11:40 am PST.

Stan-mid 60's this weekend!

Finally the temps will be around normal this weekend, which means lots of gardening going on here too Andy. You've got some fantastic plants, you must be a collector! LOL! Some of those we can't get over here yet. Very rare!

Stan we are suppose to warm up a little this weekend, or at least be normal. Last week had wet snow, week before we had 82F. Some normal weather would be good!

The above followup was added by Roger on April 24, 2008 at 6:49 pm PST.

Right on Roger

Everyone will be able to enjoy that palm very soon. I'll be sure to do a drive-by and check them out.....

The above followup was added by Bryce on April 24, 2008 at 9:35 pm PST.

Thanks Bryce

Here's a bigger shot of the front.

The above followup was added by Roger on April 24, 2008 at 10:10 pm PST.

Stan- low 70's forcast this weekend now.

I can't wait to plant my BxJ this spring, plus in a few more years I will plant out JxBxQ that will be the most massive and stunning palm in my garden, next to the mule palm that is. How's that for pushing the limits?

The above followup was added by Roger on April 25, 2008 at 8:23 am PST.

Roger

I drove by today and checked them out. When I pulled up you were out front but by the time I got out of my car (and off the phone of course) you vanished. I lightly hollered "Roger" a few times but you must not have heard me. It/they look really nice!

The above followup was added by Bryce on April 25, 2008 at 9:42 pm PST.

Please note that you are viewing posts from the vintage Cloudforest forum. These are un-moderated posts made by un-registered users. Every effort has been made to clean up the old archives, but we cannot guarantee the contents. If you find an offensive post, please bring it to our attention and we will remove it.

It is not possible to post to the old archives. If you wish to follow up on one of the posts in the archives, please make a reference of the post URL and start a new topic in the Northwest Palms and Subtropicals forum.

Welcome Guest

Please register or login if you would like to post. It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:24 pm. (All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]).

Getting Around the Cafe

Login